08.12 - present
Amplify Learning - New York, NY
- Contribute UI, UX, and visual design to a variety of education-based applications and websites. Recruit and manage staff, apply Lean UX methodologies, collaborate with stakeholders, curriculum writers, and directors.
06.11 - 8.12
Rick Martin Design - New York, NY
- Rebranded and re-energized Nerve.com's editorial and dating properites, produced a package design for an upcoming confection and provided website and UI design for mobile/tablet client projects.
06.05 to 06.11
The Onion/The A.V. Club - New York, NY
- Work directly with editorial, development and sales departments to provide design, production and strategy for a national satirical/entertainment publication. Projects include websites, newspapers, books, mobile apps, advertising, merchandise, e-commerce, posters, press kits …and much more!
09.08 to 09.11
Pratt Institute - New York, NY
- Taught Design Procedures 1 & 2, classes that familiarize students with creative software (with an emphasis on production) and show them how to apply those tools to real-world projects.
06.04 - 06.05
Stream 57 - New York, NY
- Provided design services for a start-up streaming media company. Projects included U/I for live web-broadcasting of corporate presentations and promotions for diverse national clients like Serino-Coyne, Merck and Diageo.
04.02 - 06.04
Bigger Picture - Austin, TX
- Assisted in the development of a cause marketing firm and provided design and project management services to clients like United Way and Family Crisis Center.
08.99 - 01.03
Design Edge - Austin, TX
- Helped develop a graphic design department for a national industrial design firm. Provided web, print and multimedia solutions for a variety clients from local (Chuy’s, The Continental Club) to international (Compaq, Dell, AMD).
12.98 - 08.99
Rick Martin Design - Austin, TX
- Worked with a variety of local design studios and small businesses in and around Austin during the Great Internet Gold Rush.
10.95 - 12.98
Cox Interactive Media - San Antonio, TX
- Provided in-house web, print and multimedia solutions for three San Antonio-based radio stations (KISS, KSMG and KLUP)
10.94 - 10.95
Steve Jackson Games - Austin, TX
- Projects included digital coloring of illustrations, book and magazine layout/production, package design and corporate newsletter production.
1994 - Associate Degree of Applied Arts in Visual Communications
The Art Institute Of Houston - Houston, TX
Onion Sports Network included in Time Magzine's '50 Best Websites of 2011'.
2006 - 2011
Webby Award for The Onion "Best Comedy Website"
American Graphic Design Award for the Visual Snack identity
American Graphic Design Award for the Visual Snack business cards
Gold Addy/Best in Show: New Media for the Chuy’s.com website
Gold Addy/Regional Addy for the Chuy’s.com Invitation CD-ROM
Silver Addy/Regional Addy for the Continental Club website
|Design Edge Animated Christmas Card
|Silicon Valley Web Guild Award “Best Corporate Site”
|Dallas Society of Visual Communications - Installed Exhibit
|Featured in ‘Creativity 30’ Design Annual
Guest critiquer for Scott Meadow's Digital Imaging Class
The Art Institute of New York City
Instructor: Thedra Cullar-Ledford
The University of Texas
Instructor: Ana Boa-Ventura